Physical therapy is a specialty service that evaluates and treats muscle and joint problems of the spine and extremities. Physical therapists work to restore normal mobility, strength, and function through patient education, therapeutic exercise, manual therapy, and pain relief modalities, such as heat, ice, electrical stimulation, and ultrasound.
What Problems Are Appropriate For Physical Therapy Treatment?
- Muscle and joint pain
- Pre & post surgery treatment
- Headaches and neck pain
- Spinal problems
- Work and sport injuries
- Accident injuries
How Do Physical Therapists Help?
- Use of specific exercise and pain relief modalities.
- Instruction in home programs
- Instruction in posture awareness and body mechanics
- Instruction in self-help and injury prevention programs