- Provide recommendations for ankle-foot orthosis and progress strength/ROM to wean from orthosis as appropriate.
- Fall prevention
- Progression to least restrictive assistive device for mobility
- Car/bed/w/c /floor transfers with family training for optimal ease to prevent pt/caregiver injuries
- Optimize normal movement pattern for improved gait quality and dynamic balance.
- Improve upper extremity strength, tone, and function
- Hand splinting to prevent contractures and improve function.
- Treatment with modalities and manual therapy for shoulder pain.
- Visual-perceptual evaluation, remediation and compensatory techniques.
- Cognitive assessment and remediation
- Wheelchair/bed positioning evaluation and equipment needs.
- Provide education and adaptive equipment to increase ease and independence with self cares/homemaking
- In home assessment for promoting safety and independence, including recommendations for home modifications.
- Improve ability to recall words when speaking.
- Improve speech intelligibility, breath support and voice quality when speaking.
- Provide strategies to maintain safety swallowing during mealtimes.
- Improve cognitive communication or help establish strategies to address memory, organization and problem solving.
- Provide communication device fitting when verbal communication is not possible.